CODE OF CONDUCT FOR PARENTS AND SPECTATORS
· I will remember that young athletes play sport for their enjoyment. They are not playing to entertain me.
· I will not have unrealistic expectations. I will remember that young athletes are not miniature professionals and cannot be judged by professional standards.
· I will respect and, where applicable, comply with the umpires’ decisions and decisions of the Discipline Committee and I will encourage participants to do the same.
· I will never ridicule an athlete for making a mistake during a competition.
· I will give positive comments that motivate and encourage continued effort.
· I will condemn the use of violence in any form and will express my disapproval in an appropriate manner to coaches and Club officials.
· I will show respect for my team’s opponents and the umpires, because without them there would be no game.
· I will not use bad language, nor will I harass or heckle athletes, coaches, umpires, other spectators, or Club officials by any means such as verbal, emails, voice messages, text messages (including “tweeting”) and social network postings.
· I will applaud the value and effort of volunteer coaches, assistant coaches, managers and Club officials.